Saturday, January 2, 2010

June 1

3:00 p.m.

There appears to be more girls in my class than usual today. They are extra giggly. Upon asking them to say something they like about school, I receive my most urgent wave of volunteers yet. Most of the responses consist of “I like my English teacher” or “I like you” followed by large outbursts of giggles. I have a growing suspicion that many girls care very little about learning English.

6:45 p.m.
Suspicion confirmed when girls ask if I am married or if I have a girlfriend. My response of no cues yet another outburst of giggles and oddly enough the performance of a traditional Bengali love song.

7:00 p.m. “We want make friends with you”

“We like come to America”

(Dinner bell sounds) Saved by the bell… great show

No comments:

Post a Comment